Friday, November 18, 2016

At the time we were living in the city of  Seabrook near Nasa, in a subdivision ( Timber Cove) that was originally created by astronauts. Many of them lived there while working and training  in the nearby space center.
It is a very nice closed quiet safe middle to upper class  neighborhood with only one access road that was an  entrance and exit off the old Kirby road.
 Most people knew each other if not they knew about each other. A none resident was easily spotted.
 We had a waterfront property overlooking Taylor Lack, an extension of Clear Lake. The backyards of the houses on the water were unfenced.
It was  common to stroll, late in the afternoon or early evening, from one neighbor  to another socializing and sharing  drinks, even  in the middle of the hot summer, the  cool  breeze coming from the lake made it very pleasant.
Over the following few months my daily walks, along with  my son's biking,  progressed from just walks to brisk walks to walk and jog. Increasing the distance slowly.
within six months it was up to three miles a day seven days a week.
Progressively both  my pipe smoking and  my TV time went down because by the time we finish and shower  my son and I were exhausted and ready to sleep.
Having lost some weight, I was feeling better and  looking better, I thought it was time to have another stress test expecting better outcome than the first time. I will share the results in my next posting.

        

No comments:

Post a Comment